Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Weekend Trader - Blizzard Edition

In light of the raging blizzard, I'm going to have some blog fun today, so check back for updates & random thoughts, including more pics and some last minute trading gift ideas.

Heck, I'm certainly NOT going anywhere today, and just hope Cape Cod doesn't break off from the mainland.














Here are some last-minute holiday gift ideas for traders:

Stocking Stuffers:

The Tao of Poker - Still the best $10 I've ever spent in my trading career, and a mandatory read for all Jellies.

Life Learning Device (a.k.a. a motivational "Staples Easy Button" that changes daily) - The best $20 gift I've ever received. Note - This company was founded by one of the Jellies who has a vested interest. Regardless, I still think it's one of the coolest gifts I've ever received and highly recommend it. I have the "Secrets of Life & Words of Wisdom" version, which provides a great boost to start each day, and there are other inspirational versions available.

"Under the Tree" Gifts:

CME IOM Lease - Now down to $500 a month!! The breakeven point continues to drop in terms of traded contracts, so count your volume and check it twice. This could be the gift that keeps on giving.

And here are some pics of my trading "air traffic control" center, since you usually only see the door behind me in the videos. And yes, that's a bamboo behind the sofa in the last three pics.









































P.S. I'm very curious as to who sent me a 40 pound wine package that FedEx and I keep missing connections on. I'll find out on Monday.