Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thursday Notes - Getting Serious

As we in the states celebrate Thanksgiving, my sudden decision to trade this morning's welcome return to volatility upon discovering the overnight Wile E. Coyote drop (on the heels of the Dubai defaults, and yes, the U.S. market WAS open today until 11:30am ET, along with the rest of the non-turkey eating world) reflects my moving-forward feeling that is all about once again getting serious about my trading.

And I'm talking about dead serious ... serious much like the decision I made almost two years ago to the hour in November 2007 when I decided that 2008 would be my Iron Man Triathlon, World Series, Stanley Cup, Olympics ... you name it.

For I still feel there's far too much complacency in my current approach to trading on the heels of the tremendous successes over the last few years. As a result, I'll be ramping up the seriousness of everything related to my trading ... including the blog.

More to follow.

Yet for now, suffice it to say that it's time to get serious.

It started today.

The turkey is simply ... well ... gravy.