Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday Notes - Consolidation Day

12:31pm Been providing some liquidity on fades in this day-after-trend day and taking some modest pots. Did OK on the 10:40am turn back south ... about the best setup I've seen in a while. I'll say this though ... I've been at this for 10+ years and have never seen such pathetic ES market pace as I've seen over the last several days. And as I've said before, pace means more to me than any chart, pattern, trigger, etc. to optimize risk management. A market that runs and then comes to a complete halt time and time again doesn't do much for market feel ... sort of like playing a hand of cards, starting to get a read on the guy next to you, and then everyone breaks for a while before the next hand is dealt. Lots of phony bids/asks ... sometimes over 3K in size ... also showing up in this no-volume market.

The good news is that this pace is really starting to aggravate me ... hopefully a positive sign for when all the major players are back after the Holiday and we get some R-H-Y-T-H-M. Perhaps the FOMC minutes release at 2pm will stir some action. Whether it will be readable remains to be seen.

3:17pm More of the same heading into the close. Cashing in my modest chip gain. Not sure we'll see much better opportunity until after the Holiday. Got the performance momentum flowing back on the + side though and will carry that forward into the next lap. Still not mad enough though ... I may need some more water splashed in my face.

No comments: